At Cedar Hills Hospital, we are dedicated to providing outstanding care and treatment to the men and women, family members and Veterans who serve our great Nation.
The Military Program at Cedar Hills Hospital is specifically designed for Active Duty, National Guard and Active Reserve service members, their families and Veterans. Our programs are designed for those who are experiencing substance use, abuse or dependence, depression, military sexual trauma, combat induced PTSD/trauma, military related chronic pain or co-occurring mental health and substance abuse issues. Programming can require a stay of seven to 45 days. To make a referral please complete this referral form.
The Military Program staff offers a strong working partnership with the military healthcare system, TRICARE and the military patient and his/her family. We also understand the importance of establishing and maintaining strong communication ties with unit commanders who have entrusted their Service Members to our care. Our treating physicians follow the established procedures and specific MTF formularies for medication reconciliation and poly pharmacy to include deployment considerations.
Our multi-disciplinary approach is administered by a hand-selected team of behavioral health and substance abuse professionals, including a board-certified psychiatrist with 5 1/2 years of experience treating Service Members. We provide:
- A safe and secure dedicated military care unit
- Medication assessment and prescription in concert with the military medication reconciliation process and formulary
- A dedicated military liaison and military admissions coordinator
- Chaplain assigned to the military program
- A physical training gym with a dedicated recreational therapist
- Real time communications with commanders and military health care professionals
- Secure transportation to and from local bases and Portland International Airport
- Individual and group therapy
- Evidence-based Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) specifically for combat-related PTSD
- Evidence-based “Living In Balance” by Hazelden curriculum for the treatment of addiction
- Supportive therapy opportunities for stress relief and healing (Acupuncture, Acupressure, Yoga, Tai Chi, Music, Recreation and Art Therapy)
- Weekly clinical updates with our program director involving the patient, military case managers, physicians and commanders
- Special visitation hours for family members, friends and Command visits
- Individualized discharge and aftercare planning
Our military liaison is available to provide guidance and assistance at (503) 413-9779 or (877) 601-5303.
In response to the present and growing need for high quality and intensive behavioral health services, Cedar Hills Hospital has developed our military program through our parent company’s Patriot Support Program network of treatment centers, support staff and medical professionals dedicated to treating active duty members of the military, veterans and their families. We’re proud to be part of this network of care. Click below to play a special message from Heisman Trophy winner and mental health advocate, Herschel Walker, who is also a Patriot Support Program spokesperson.