Pain is usually a temporary feeling, but for some, chronic pain is paralyzing. The majority of people with chronic pain use narcotic medications to manage their pain. This may result in abuse or dependence and we understand the difference. The Outpatient Behavioral Pain Management Program is designed for those who have become dependent on pain medication, those who are self-medicating with alcohol or drugs, prescribed or not, and those who feel hopeless because they are living with chronic pain. This program can be the next step following an inpatient stay. This program is also an option for those needing additional support managing their pain, but who do not need detox or mental health stabilization.
The program addresses four distinct areas:
- Medication dependence, overuse and abuse
- Co-occurring mental illness, anxiety & depression
- Introducing movement back into your life
- Learn how to manage your prescribed medication(s)
We can teach you skills and provide supportive, holistic treatments to help you manage your pain on a long-term basis.We accept referrals for this program from physical & occupational therapy providers, pain management providers, primary care providers, emergency rooms, massage therapists, naturopathic physicians, chiropractors, medical case management for labor & industry, therapists, EAP or HR representatives and other treatment providers. If you, a loved one or your patient or client is struggling with chronic pain, please give us a call at (971) 228-8000.
Monday – Friday: 9 am – 1:30 pm
What the Program is:
- Group therapy focusing on changing your perception of pain with grounding, mindfulness and meditation techniques
- Individual therapy, by appointment
- A treatment option if you have violated a pain management contract with your prescriber or seeking multiple prescribers.
- To ease discomfort, we provide comfortable chairs & a relaxing environment
What the program is not:
- This is not a traditional pain management program
- We will not manage your pain with diagnostic imaging or medical procedures
- We will not prescribe narcotic medication or introduce habit forming medications
At Cedar Hills, we are committed to your wellbeing and recovery and that’s why we provide transportation to and from our facility for outpatient treatment. For more information, please contact us at (971) 228-8000.
Cedar Hills Outpatient Services also offers an alumni group on Monday evenings from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. This group is open to any patient who has completed their care at Cedar Hills.