What should I bring to the hospital?
Limit your clothing to what you will need in the course of a one-week stay. Casual clothing is recommended.
- Two to Three changes of casual clothing without drawstrings. For women, casual pants or jeans with tops or comfortable, casual dresses. For men, slacks or jeans with casual shirts. Please note that offensive or inappropriate logos will not be allowed. Laundry access is available with laundry detergent.
- A supply of socks and underwear that will last between three and five days. Please do not bring tube socks or leggings.
- Bring comfortable shoes without shoelaces.
- A sweater or light jacket, preferably water resistant or water proof, without drawstrings. You will have the opportunity to be outside for activities and breaks in the courtyard.
- Toiletries (no glass or aluminum containers, no mirrors, no alcohol content in any products, and no flat irons or curling irons): comb, brush, deodorant, toothbrush, tooth-paste, and rechargeable electric razor. The hospital can also provide toiletries, if needed.
- Medications: Please bring all your medications and provide a list of your current prescription and over-the-counter medications, including dosages and frequency. CHH will provide medications on our formulary only. This may not include medications prescribed for certain medical conditions.
- Phone Numbers: Bring a list of important phone numbers, as you will not have immediate access to a cell phone while you are in treatment.
Please leave these items at home:
- Please do not bring jewelry, money or other valuables. Money is not needed, but patients are permitted to keep up to $10.
- Any clothing with drawstrings is prohibited: sweatpants, running shorts, hoodies, pajamas, shoes with shoe strings paracord jewelry or watches, etc. Belts are also not allowed on pants.
- Straight blade or disposable razers.
- Electronic devices such as MP3 players, tablets, laptops computers, radios, cell phones, alarm clocks or other items with a cord.
- Your own pillow, sheets, blanket or stuffed animal – in order to control for infections. We will supply all the linens and pillows you need during your stay.
- Food and drinks from outside of the hospital. You will be provided with snacks in addition to regular meals.
- Tobacco, smokeless tobacco, and medical or recreational marijuana is not permitted on the premises.
- All of a patient’s belongings will be searched by a qualified staff member and recorded on a Patient Property Inventory. This list of his/her belongings will be reviewed with the patient and the patient will need to sign this form. Cedar Hills Hospital is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged articles listed under the “Items retained by the patient” section of the form.
CELL PHONE NOTICE
You will have limited access to your phone during your stay. Please make a list of important phone numbers prior to your arrival. You will have access to the facility phone and there is a 1-800 number for your family to call in (with your Patient ID number that is given at admission).
You will have limited access to an ATM or Internet. Please ensure that bills are arranged prior to arrival or that you have arranged for telephone payments to be made.
We ask that you do not lend or give out any of your personal possessions.
For the safety of Cedar Hills’ patients and staff, certain behaviors are prohibited. The following are unsafe behaviors and are not allowed:
- Sexual acts or inappropriate physical contact between patients
- Violence of any sort including verbal threats, physical aggression or destruction of property
- Drinking alcohol or using non-prescribed drugs or being in possession of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs
Unsafe behavior will result in a review of the treatment plan and further recommendations.
It is the job of the staff to prevent harm from coming to any patient. You can help and show your concern about others by immediately telling a staff member if you know of someone who is planning to hurt him or herself or someone else, or if you know of someone planning to run away from the facility. Your treatment team will answer questions about this if the situation arises.
Cedar Hills Hospital is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items. Our military liaison is available to provide guidance and assistance at (503) 413-9779 or (877) 601-5303.
As a member of the United States Military, we honor your service to our great nation and the sacrifices you and your families have made. It is truly our pleasure to assist you in your treatment.