At Cedar Hills, we know contacting a psychiatric hospital is not a decision to be made lightly and we know most people who call us are in a crisis situation. This is a decision we know family, friends and loved ones struggle with, but we are very pleased to offer a facility with caring staff who will help your loved one begin their journey to health, hope and healing.
It can take years to develop the skills to recover from a crisis. Learning to manage your illness is essential to long-term recovery. At the end of the inpatient program you and your family should be able to engage in on-going treatment in an outpatient setting.
If you or a loved one is struggling with a crisis, please give us a call at (503) 944-5000.
The goal of Cedar Hill’s Mental Health Program is to provide an introduction to treatment after a crisis. Many programs in Oregon only offer short-term stabilization. Our Program is designed not only for stabilization but also treatment for adults with mental illness, such as Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Depression, Anxiety and PTSD. These are all mental illnesses that can interrupt your daily life. We want to help you get back to living your life.
Our aim is to reduce your sense of helplessness; our program provides:
- A safe and caring environment
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication assessment, initiation & stabilization
- Education on how to manage your illness
- Opportunity to help you understand your symptoms with your peers
- Group therapy classes centered on emotion regulation, seeking safety and mindfulness
- Supportive therapies such as art therapy, music therapy, recreation therapy, yoga and tai chi to help you learn coping strategies
- Family education and awareness groups
- Crisis Safety Planning
- Discharge planning with a master’s level therapist to help you connect with resources in your community for on-going support